BAKED TOFU WITH MISO SAUCE
- 1 block firm or medium tofu
- 1 tbs. kuzu
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup miso
- 1 tsp. brown rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
1. Drain tofu between paper towel for 15-20 minutes prior to cooking.
2. Slice firm or medium tofu into slices, 1/4 inch thick. Spread out on oiled baking dish. Bake in oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
3. Dilute kuzu in cold water, bring to a boil, and cook until thickened, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
4. In a separate bowl, dilute the miso with some of the cooked kuzu and pour it all back into the pot of kuzu. Cook together 2-3 minutes. Add vinegar and stir.
5. Pour sauce on top of tofu and bake a few more minutes.
6. Put the parsley in a strainer and steep it in boiling water for 3 minutes or until the stems are tender. Drain well. Sprinkle over baked tofu.