SPLIT PEA DAL
- 1 cup washed yellow or green split peas
- 2 cups water or stock
- 1/4 cup chopped celery root (optional)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. curry
- 1 tbs. sesame oil
- cayenne & cloves to taste (optional)
1. Place split peas, water, and onion in a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Lower heat to low, cover, cook for one hour.
3. Add salt, stir until split peas are pureed.
4. Heat oil in a small skillet, add curry, and let it foam. Scrape into split pea puree, mix well.
5. Serve over brown rice.
For a soup, add more water and can add other vegetables like carrots and cauliflower.