ARAME WITH ONIONS
- 1 ounce dried arame
- 1 tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 2 medium-sized onions, sliced
- 2-3 tbs. tamari
1. Wash and drain arame.
2. Brush frying pan with oil, heat it, and add the onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Place arame on top of the onions and add water to just cover the onions.
4. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low, and add a small amount of tamari.
5. Cover and simmer for about 40 to 50 minutes. Top with roasted ground sesame seeds.
Variations: Add 2 cups fresh corn kernels.
Add one carrot cut into match sticks, or fresh lotus root or dried daikon shreds (soaked first). Add cubed tempeh for a richer dish.