- 1 cup lettuce (iceberg or leaf), washed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup red radish, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- brown rice vinegar (to taste)
- 1/4 cup cucumber, sliced on a diagonal and then into matchsticks
Place all the vegetables in a pickle press, add salt and mix them thoroughly by hand with a squeezing motion. (If no pickle press is available, place in bowl with a plate on tip of the vegetables and a heavy weight on top of the plate.) Gently massage brown rice vinegar into vegetables. Screw down cover to apply pressure. Let press sit for 2-3 hours. Remove vegetables, squeeze out excess liquid, and place the salad in a serving bowl. If it is too salty, rinse it quickly under cold water before serving.