STUFFED CHINESE CABBAGE ROLLS
- 4 large Chinese cabbage leaves
- 1/2 cup dulce, rinsed, sliced and simmered 5 minutes in water and tamari
- 1.2 cup natural sauerkraut
- 2 sheets of toasted nori
- pinch of sea salt
1. Blanch the Chinese cabbage leaves for 1-2 minutes in boiling water with a pinch of salt. Remove and spread out on a tray to cool. Drain.
2. Mix the dulce and sauerkraut together.
3. Lay one cabbage leaf at a time on a cutting board and place a quarter of the dulce and sauerkraut mix evenly across each leaf.
4. Roll up the cabbage leaf around the mixture into a tight roll from the stem to the top of the leaf, turning the edges of the leaf in as you go. Cut each roll in half or thirds crosswise and stand vertically.
5. Decorate the top of each roll with small amount of sauerkraut, or roasted sesame seeds.
Variation: Add umeboshi paste on the leaves and use soaked dulce slices without simmering first in tamari and water. Place nori sheet on tip of the ingredients and roll up.