- 1 block firm tofu
- 1/2 cup of arame
- 1 cup grated carrots
- alfalfa sprouts
- fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- sesame oil
- tamari soy sauce (to taste)
- pita bread
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add 1 tsp grated ginger and 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
2. Scramble the block of tofu on top of the spices, chop up with wooden spoon.
3. Add a little bit of water to cover bottom of pan and add grated carrots.
4. Add tamari to taste.
5. Rinse and quickly soak the arame and add to the scrambled tofu.
6. Simmer all the ingredients for 20 minutes, covered.
7. Drain tofu stuffing and fill pita bread pockets with the mixture, tip with alfalfa sprouts. To prevent pita from splitting, line inside with a piece of romaine lettuce.