BOILED KALE AND TURNIP GREENS
- 4-5 large kale leaves
- 2 turnip green leaves
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- umeboshi vinegar (optional)
1. Wash the greens and remove the stem from the leaf. Slice the stem diagonally. Slice the leafy part into 1/2 -inch strips. Keep the stems and leaves separate.
2. Place enough water in a pot that will cover half of the greens, and bring to a boil.
3. Place pinch of salt into the boiling water. Add the stems, and boil 3 minutes. Place the leaves in the same boiling water and cook until done, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove, drain, place in a serving bowl and allow to cool a bit. Serve plain or with roasted sesame seeds on top. Some drops of umeboshi vinegar may be added.