- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup whole oats
- 6 cups spring or filtered water
- soft-cooked vegetables
- 1 tsp. crushed, toasted sesame seed
1. Place ingredients in a pressure cooker and soak for at least 3 hours.
2. Seal lid and bring up to full pressure over medium heat. Reduce hat and cook on a flame deflector arid cook for 1 hour.
3. Remove from heat and allow pressure to reduce naturally. (You may also boil grain for about 2 hours.)
4. Remove grain and liquid and transfer to a bowl. Store in a container in the refrigerator until use.
5. When ready to serve grain milk, warm over low heat until warmed through.
6. Add sesame seeds and soft vegetables.
7. Place in a sieve and stir gently to extract milk. The consistency for first food should be as thin as mother’s milk.
Variation: You may use other grains such as sweet rice or barley. Try different combinations.