INDIAN RICE SALAD
- 1/4 tsp toasted and 1 tbs plain sesame oil
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 stalks of scallion, sliced fine
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp curry
- 2-3 grated carrots
- quarter cup cashews
- 2-3 stalks celery, sliced fine
- quarter cup currants (optional)
- small pot of cooked brown rice
- 1 tsp basil
1. Place toasted and plain sesame oil on bottom of large bottom pot, skillet, or wok, turn stove on medium heat.
2. Add salt, ginger, curry and cashews, stir until cashews are golden brown.
3. Add currants, basil, marjoram, scallions and a few dashes of tamari and stir for a minute.
4. Add grated carrot and celery and stir until slightly soft.
5. Add rice and stir all together, add tamari and curry to desired taste and color.